Dear WABC Family,
I wanted to invite you to a special evening of worship, prayer, and fasting this Wednesday at 6:30 PM. This will be a Facebook Live event that will be in place of our regular Equipping University class. In Acts 13, we read where the Apostles were engaged in worship, prayer, and fasting as they prepared to launch from Antioch to take the gospel out to the world. This marked a point where we see the spread of the gospel explode as churches were planted and lives changed.
As we talked about Sunday, I think we are all longing for God to do a great work in our church, our community, and our nation. We have a deep desire for revival to be unleashed throughout the world. Yet it has often felt like the church is facing the headwinds of a culture that offers competing idols for our attention, whether it be entertainment, professional sports, shopping, or socializing in nightclubs. Might it be that God has used this pandemic to remove, for a time, some of the things that compete for our affections in order to create space and margin in our lives so we can focus on Him, and to restore our hunger for God.
This hunger for revival is the spirit within which we are inviting our entire church family as well as any of your friends and family to join us Wednesday evening. To prepare for this time, we are making the following recommendations:
- If you are able, fast from your lunch on Wednesday. Replace this meal with a time of prayer and reflection.
- Tune in to the WABC Facebook page at 6:30 PM - www.facebook.com/wabcstv
- Mark Collins will lead us in a song of worship. Rodney Harrison has recommended the following song as one you might want to listen to in preparation for this evening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU6Nm722_70
- Jeff Spry and I will then share a few thoughts and lead us corporately in a time of prayer.
- We recommend you already have a meal prepared so that when we conclude with our time of prayer, you can break from your fast with a family meal. Use this mealtime to feast and celebrate how good your Lord has been to you and your family.
If you have specific prayer requests, please send them to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I and others on staff will be praying for these throughout the day on Wednesday.
We hope to see all of you Wednesday!