Many of you have been inquiring about our plans for It's Christmas! this year so we wanted to go ahead and let you know what we've been planning! We are very excited to share with you...
For many years, Western Avenue Baptist Church has celebrated Christmas through the musical celebration of It’s Christmas! This year we are reimagining It’s Christmas! as an outdoor festival for the entire family. We invite you to join us for this year’s celebration:
An Avenue Christmas
Friday, December 11 & Saturday, December 12
5:30pm – 9:00pm
Stroll down our “Central Avenue” for…
- Live music from the “Main Street” gazebo
- Enjoy horse drawn carriage rides at “Christmas Carriage Corner”
- Ice skating on “Icicle Alley”
- Children can create crafts and families can shop at the artisan craft fair on “Deck the Halls Drive”
- Everyone will enjoy hot chocolate, cookies & roast marshmallows for s’mores on “Candy Cane Lane”
- A Musical presentation with live nativity will take place at 6:30pm and 7:30pm each evening on “Bethlehem Boulevard”
- If you like, you can enjoy dinner each evening at the food court were we will have several local Food truck favorites each night.
To allow us to properly prepare for the number attending and to safely control the number of guests to keep everyone safe, this will be a general admission ticketed event. Tickets are $5 per person (all ages) and required for every individual attending. They can be purchased online through the Western Avenue Ticket site www.wabcapps.org. Tickets can be purchased at the church office by calling and scheduling an appointment to do so. Tickets will be made available starting Monday, November 16. It is very important to print and bring your ticket/s with you to the event. As you enter An Avenue Christmas, your ticket will be turned in and you will receive a wrist band that will allow individual participation for food items, ice skating and carriage rides. Purchases from food trucks and artisan craft fair are not included in the ticket cost.
All activities will take place in the back parking lot and field of the church. As you enter the property you will be greeted and directed to parking and the entrance.
Schedule your evening to allow time to watch the most important event of the night, the live nativity musical presentations at 6:30pm or 7:30pm.
A waiver must be filled out by each person planning to ice skate. To allow more time for all of the fun taking place when you arrive, you may wish to print and fill out the waiver for each person ahead of time. You may download and print the form here.
Sign ups for ice skating time slots can be made upon arrival at the event.
We hope you will make plans to join us as we celebrate the season with An Avenue Christmas!