contact Brian P.
Psalm 19 – August 14
1. Digital marketing experts estimate that most Americans are exposed to around 4,000 to 10,000 ads per day. What kinds of things fight for your attention every day?
2. How often do you get outside and enjoy God’s creation? What are some of your favorite ways to look at God’s world? What are some of your favorite places in God’s world?
3. David has a high regard for God’s word. He loves it. He sees it as life-giving. How do you view God’s words and God’s laws?
4. David talks about hidden sins and blatant rebellion. Which sins do you find it harder to deal with? Why?
5. If someone could listen to all of your words and heart meditations for a day, what would they think about God?
6. What are some ways you can take time to look up at God’s creation this week?
7. If you don’t already, how can you make steps to look down at God’s word this week?
8. How much time a week to you spend looking into your own heart and asking God to rid it of sin?
9. Commit to memorize Psalm 19:14 on your own or together as a group. Use it as a prayer.
We desire that everyone who attends Western Avenue to be connected to our community. There are various ways in which this can happen, but we want to expand some of the most strategic connecting ministries of the church: Journey Groups and Small Groups.
Weekly, same-gender groups of 3-5 people that meet for prayer, Bible study, fellowship, and accountability.
Weekly co-ed groups of 5+ people, and may include singles and couples. We have found that 10-12 people can be ideal. These groups are focused especially on Fellowship, but will have times of prayer and Bible-based discussion.
Journey Group Testimonial